Monday, January 12, 2009

LIVE FOR THIS!!

Ok, So way back in the summer of 1997 my bff Lencho and I became the first Rent-heads on the west coast when RENT opened at the La Jolla Playhouse for an extended run. We went opening night of previews and cried and sang our hearts out so much that when the cast came out and we were of course waiting, one of the cast members was like " We just had to meet the two loud Latinas sitting center, we were focused on both you two during the whole show!" Which wasn't hard because the almost the whole house was filled with blue haired season ticket holders who were walking out during the show at various stages, either when boys kissed boys, or girls on girls or bad words were screamed onstage...it was genius. I was 19 years old and doing my first professional show at the San Diego REP and I felt like I was on the right track and I was inspired, but I fell in love not just with the show but with Neil Patrick Harris who was playing the lead character of Mark Cohen and he was SO good that I instantly fell in love, so much so that the next day Lencho and I went back to see the show and bought the whole cast sunflowers boquets as they exited the show. Such a great memory...Lencho and I ended up seeing that show like 15 times that summer and had a blast doing it..
I'm adding the Doogie Howser MD remix from this weekend's SNL..

No comments: