Thursday, December 08, 2005

Auf Wiederschen......BITCH!


Last night I went to the premiere (say that with a fake British accent, ala Harry Potter, Premiere) of one of my favorite reality shows, Project Runway. This is one of the perks, I guess, of working in fashion. I was SO excited for this party, not only was the show finally starting, but one of my Roommates close friends is one of the designers chosen to be on the show, Dan Vosovic. He's super cool and adorable, so now we know where the hell he ended up over the summer when no one could get in touch with him! Also, one of the models that we represent Danyelle is strutting her shit on the catwalk, so I HAD to be there! I had invited my Roommate to come along and was on the guest list, so I was feeling very VIP. That was until I got there and they told me that I wasn't on the list.
" I'm sorry I don't see you're name on the list, can you step aside please." The bitchy intern with a fucking clipboard told me and my roommate.
"Oh, okay. I'm supposed to be on the list." I quietly said, with enough hate in my eyes to melt the snow around her. I was not going to give up, but I had to not make a scene. My roommate thought that I was giving up, but I was thinking, so I called Kuddles and she let me have it!
"Gurl! Why you standing there in cold when you should be inside having a cocktail with some HOT man! You tell that bitches' supervisor what agency you're with and who you work for and march right in! Do I have come down there?!" I guess I shouldn't have interrupted his date, but he gave me the much needed boost to get my fires blazing.
"Excuse me, I work for _____ and my boss RSVP's for us to be here, I have an invitation and I was just turned away at the door." I very efficiently told the hooker with the headgear walkie-talkie.
"We sent out a lot of those invitations, they mean NOTHING unless you RSVP." She looked right at me with her empty, just try it queen and I'll let you have it stare. So I gathered my full height and I told her what I should have said from the beginning.
" I'm from___, and I've got some models in there." And I pointed into the tacky club where the tacky party was being held.
" Where are you models?" She asked, looking behind me.
" There ON the show! I'm here for THEM!" I said with my inner diva voice that was amplified by my magical fur hat that made me look like a Russian Mafia boss's wife!
"Oh, okay then..." And then the rope was unhooked and I was let in front of everyone standing in the cold.
So I made it in, they had and open bar and some food. But I was not impressed, I thought that it would be different. It was crowded and loud, people were smoking and you couldn't hear anything. The cool thing was we got to see most of the show without commercials, so we decided to bounce and catch the second half of the show at home where we could hear everything.
I'm was happy that I got to meet some of the contestants and get free stuff. And Heidi Klum is not playing this year, she sent home THREE people in the first show.
On another note, I'm happy that PR is back on because two of my favorite shows just ended, America's Next Top Model AND Making the Band. This is gonna be a long December indeed!
Goodnight..df
p.s.
miss you Jaq!

1 comment:

christopher john said...

I'm surprised that you didn't snatch her up by her stringy little hair! Or stabbed her! Or stuffed a burrito down her throat! Seriously, she should be thankful that she's still alive! Seriously!