Friday, February 10, 2006

Heatherette








I've been sick the last couple of days with a fever and a cold. I guess I can't work almost three weeks straight without a day off and not pay for it. So here are the pictures from Heatherette that I promised. I was able to score some tickets from my boss since he hates going to the shows now, and since I'm learning and eager to go the shows he gave them to me. I decided to take my good friend Hollywood, since this would be her first fashion show in the big tent, and me too! I didn't want any drama that night, but there ended up being a lot! I ended up sacrificing my tickets to the fashion gods, namely my director and owner of the company, so I was forced to go to the show with my friend in tow and a determination in my heart to see this show. I walked to the backstage entrance and used my bosses' name to get an all access backstage pass, and it worked! I was able to smuggle Hollywood in, but we were still a little scared that we would get found out and we kept dodging the security. After a while of feeling like I was going to be put out, I told Hollywood to go backstage and get some champagne and I would figure out a way to get myself in, so I walked back to the sign in gate and asked for another lanyard for my assistant, and to my surprise they quickly handed one over, so I was golden! We got inside and it was such and amazing circus, it was like the Boysroom on Saturday night, only it was brighter! We walked around and drank champagne, while Hollywood gushed at the spectacle of it all, I pretended to be jaded and not care. But really I was screaming like a little girl that I was backstage and able to see the real workings of a fashion show. I sometimes love the backstage work more than the actual show, must be the make-up artist in me. Tons of models and hangers on were to found all around, as well as drag queens, transexuals and freaks and all sorts of East Village staples. Some of the highlights include are as follows.
  • Richie Rich and Amanda Lepore saying hello to me, I guess if you spend enough time being drunk at the BoysRoom they remember you.
  • Free Champagne!
  • The models that I help represent seeing me and getting excited, I forget that they still get nervous and need support.
  • All the sad left over reality TV stars that are hanging on to their 15 minutes!
  • Naomi Campbell being rushed in, late, for hair and make-up. I was not aware it was her, I was talking to someone with my 5th glass of champagne, and I was almost pushed over by a large security guard, when I whipped around to see what was going on I did the gay inhale! Naomi was four feet from me! I went to gay heaven right then and there.
  • Spending time with my Roommate and seeing him in action, he wasn't supposed to work this show, but jumped right in and I was very impressed by him and his skills. I guess he save all his energy for two weeks a year, because he was on FIRE!
  • The show itself was okay, but the audience was full stars and fashionistas, Hollywood and I were given seats away from each other but we didn't want to separated so we chose to stand, but Hollywood being so little I made her take the last single seat so she could watch the show and thus get all these pictures!
I had a great night that night here are the pics!! I'm off to bed! I went to the finally of Project Runway today and I will post on it tomorrow, there's a snowstorm coming so I'm staying indoors! DF.

1 comment:

christopher john said...

Who is the drag queen with the pink hair? It looks like she's about to shit herself. . really!