Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My usual Meal......

This is an excerpt from an email conversation that I had with my BFF Lencho. I'm sick right now, recovering from the Heatherette show last night that I will write about later on today when I'm able to get the images up and running.
-DF.
________________________
I ate my usual meal.
It's what the Korean men at the deli call it when I come in looking tired from work around 8pm.
"The usual my friend?"
"yeah"
Which translates to turkey, bacon and cheese with everything and mayo and mustard.
When I go up to the counter with my chips and water, and my sad individually wrapped cookie, the guy has the nerve to ask me..
"What? No ginger ale?"
"I have a 2 liter at home."
"AAH, GOOD, GOOD! You save money!"
I didn't want to tell him that I have two 2 liters.
I ate my meal in the dark.
He hooked me up, the guy, it was a heavy ass sandwich. He's liked me ever since I came home drunk really early in the morning one day and shooed away a strung out, tweaker punk-goth kid from his store.

No comments: