Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow Queen..


So there was a blizzard last night and now everything is a Winter Wonderland. We spent all of yesterday inside and today I couldn't stand it anymore, so Roommate and I went out into the wilderness to try and find a Sunday brunch. I called everyone and no one was available, #3 and Dad are upstate being snow bunnies, Trannie was not leaving his house and we live too far down for anyone else to hang out with us, so it was just me and my faithful roommate to make it happen. We walked out and it was total 'white out', there was wind and snow flying at our faces, Roommate was ready to quit, but once we went for it he became a good trooper and I tugged and pushed him toward our goal. Halfway there Manny and Nomad called us to see where we were at, and they wanted to meet up with us at the LoSide diner, which is a little farther than where we had wanted to go, so we changed direction and started for the diner. He are the resulting pictures and as you can see it was still snowing and people were out and about. We had fun playing like little kids and making a game of it, we kept saying that if this was a story about people being stranded in a snow storm and having to walk millions of miles for help, Roommate would have given up and died in the snow. I kept pulling him and shielded the snow from him, if this would have the Realworld/Road Rules Challenge he would have been sent to the gauntlet and Abe would have to come and throw him over his shoulder to get him to cross the finish line. Brunch was good, very
inexpensive, everyone showed up. Kuddles and Flaca came by and we had good conversation and I drank way to many cups of coffee. After brunch I walked home alone and enjoyed the
serene blanket that was thrown across the lap of the LES. All these images were captured on my camera phone, and I think that they look pretty good, can't wait to get uptown and finally pick up my bag. I'm tired and about to veg and watch t.v. and play online. And to the people on the west coast, I hate you.
df.

No comments: