Sunday, August 28, 2005

I did it for the SHOES......!!

I've been back from Japan since Monday night, but I've been having so many little novela dramas whilst I've been home that I can finally commit to writing most of what happen this past week. Are we ready kids?? Okay here we go!!
  • Sayonara- We closed the shows and then I decided that I wouldn't come back and I told management that I would not be joining the show for the European leg of the tour, which was rather difficult to do, but all I had to do was feel how my leg and hip felt and I knew why I had left the "Street". Besides more than half the cast wasn't coming back and this cast was the best of the worst and the worst of the best. I couldn't have asked for a better group of performers to work with, they were all professional and could work it out!! The last show was INSANE!!! I wish that we would have taped it because we were all on fire! The show had three original cast members that helped to originate the show, including me, and we made a pact that this was the last one. I mean four years of marching is a long time, AND I got four pairs for brand new tennis, I totally did this tour for the shoes!
  • The long journey home!- Well, on Monday after waking up with the craziest and worst hangover from the closing night party. Those of us that were leaving then got our shit together for this trip, we were to take the bullet train from Osaka to Tokyo then a another train to the airport. The trip all in all took four hours, then we had to get our luggage that had been shipped ahead and reorganize our bags so we could check in. The lines were CRAZY!! Thanks to the Northwestern Strike all our flights were a little, what's the word? Fucked Up!! We didn't know what was going on, after checking in we had some McDonald's, our last meal as a group, and went on in to get checked again, then head through immigration. Well we made it through and I thought that I would have sometime to go the bathroom and take care of the kids. Well they started to announce all of our flights and we had to give each other quick hugs and sad " See you laters...". Which I think was good cuz if we had had more time it would have been over! The plane was packed and I had the aisle seat, but I was sitting next to two little Asian girls that were part of a group that was coming to the states to no doubt come shopping in my store and ask for samples. Anyhow, I'm already upset, disoriented, hungover, sad, bloated and sleepy. All I want to do is take a small nap, but as soon as we get going and we're in the air I start to fall asleep wouldn't you know that both of them had tiny bladders!! I let them know that I was very unhappy, but I did it was a big sigh and an evil look, which those of you know can freeze a bird in the sky. But did that stop them? Nope, throughout the flight they needed to get up and use the john, so I didn't get to sleep. I did get to watch three movies that I wouldn't have otherwise, Guess Who?, The Ice Princess, and Madagascar. We finally flew into Detroit, because heaven forbid I get a direct flight home, two hours before I had left Japan. I had gained 26 hours!! I was confused to say the least!! Cell phone worked and I started calling my peeps!! I was so excited to hear everyone's voices, but I had to wait another four hours before I could get to fly home. Stupid strike!! I had been awake by the time that I got home after taking a shuttle home from La Guardia, ( which took another two hours) over 40 hours or something unheard of like that. I got to catch up with Roommate and give out his presents and went to bed, after taking the best shower ever!!
  • The rest of the week- Got up on Tuesday at six in the morning and was still jet lagged, Rommate and I had " Get it DONE Tuesday", which is when most of our chores get completed, I unpacked, did all my laundry, cleaned the apartment, and hung out. I was supposed to go hang out with Tam that day but I fell asleep around 8pm and didn't wake up until the next day. Wednesday I woke up and went to the Apple store to get my Ipod Esmeralda looked at, she had stopped working when we were on the way to Nagoya. I had a little moment when the guy told me that she had basically died and needed to call HP to get a new one sent out. Went to the gym to get rid of the six pounds that I gained in Japan, damn those carbs!! I came home and figured out that my computer is fucked, every time that I launch Explorer it shuts down and I lose all my work, which is what kept happening with the blog. I'm now on Mozilla and I am in love!!
  • Work!!- Since I've been gone, my store has been cutting hours like crazy. Thank GOD, that I went around the world to earn my rent money, because I only got 20 hours this week! It has to do with us not making our goals, but I'm supposed to be fulltime. I'm not some high school kid, I gots to pay my bills. This is were my good friend Ryan comes in, he's the one that we used to sublet from, he booked me a freelancing gig with his modeling agency helping them wrangle their models and just be his assistant. I was able to get my time off from my store, and frankly, they're so happy that I got this. I'm helping them by not coming in to work. I'm hoping that if this works out I can do some more work with them in the future, this will be good exposure. Especially since I only worked one hour today before I was allowed to go home since it was SO slow.
Well that is about it, I think? I hope that everyone is caught up. I'll be posting some pictures from the trip later on. I'm home now, bored, #3 is not here, Colorado is nowhere to be found, Roommate is at his Kabbalah meeting and going over to Flacas house in Queens. I'm nervous about tomorrow with this new gig, hopefully I can hang. Love you guys!! DF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't you worry abouta dawn.. thang!!.. As... toni tony tone.. says .. you going to do fine tomorrow because you r fabulous.. Ms. Fina .. I have the upmost confidence in your ability and talents... Just remember .. always say exuse me, please .. and if they fuck with you .. remember mama is here to cut them!

Good night to you and all.

END BROADCAST>
MAMA