Saturday, August 13, 2005

Still Standing..


We have been worked to death!! We already have one girl out of the shows due some weird blister thing that got really infected over the course of two days and now she can't walk on it without pain let alone run around in a stupid Muppet costume. I haven't written 'cuz we don't have internet access at home, and here at the theatre I'm trying to stretch, eat, and rest before and after each show. Today is Saturday and I've already performed two shows, we got one more and we'll be happy. It's supposed to be Japan's gay pride here this weekend after having a two year break. I'm not sure if we're gonna have the energy to go out and be faggy, but I have to go out and trip the light fagtastic sometime in Tokyo, everyone tells me that I'll have a blast. I'm still loving this city, and country and culture. Our promoters have treated us like gold while we've been here, there has been almost no need for us to go out and buy snacks. Every couple of hours some new type of food just shows up on the tables, be it juice, pastry or some alcoholic jelly shots. Our live performers family members keep bringing us some interesting traditional Japanese snacks that are either hit or miss with us, but hey, when shit is free, we ain't complaining.
We all have been having a great time here, I'm SO happy to be here. Every morning we wake up and can't believe that we lucky enough to be where we are. One other thing, apparently our promoters have also brought another show here besides us at the same time. Chicago, the musical is here with us and at the same hotel. I was hoping to meet some of the cast, but it turns out that some of them were kind of rude and bitchy when they found out what kind of show we were. Now, don't get me wrong, if you're bitchy and fierce then you got a reason to be bitchy. But when you're bitchy and more or less mediocre. Well then, that's just plain ugly. We got to see this show( for free, lord knows I don't pay for theatre, I AM theatre DAMMIT!) and it was not what I expected. I lived next the Chicago in NYC when I lived in Hell's Kitchen. I walked past it at least twice a day to get to work and home. And I never once went and saw it, I saw the movie, that I thought was hot. So I guess I was expecting some fierceness, there were some that gave you a little something-something. But other than that I was kinda bored and not impressed with the guys or some of the girls that were on stage. Except the leads were good, the lady that played Velma could sing, but dance, well, she's no Bebe. And the other woman who played Roxie, she had good timing, reminded me of a Goldie Hawn/Pattie Lupon. She could kinda dance, but acted her ass off. The chica that played the Kitty part, she had legs for days and amazing technique. Of the boys I only liked Tyce Diorio, and that's because I took his class when he was teaching at BDC. I gotta run, I can't seem to be able to post pictures from the last night, so I'll try after the show. Love you guys..df

No comments: