Sunday, September 25, 2005

Summer is over...

I've been terribly busy with my new job!! I'm having a great time being a workaholic and feeling accomplished with my day. I'm also working out again, and this time I'm gonna lose those last 10 pounds!! So much has happened that I'm gonna have to give you guys my infamous bullet points to catch ya'll and me up.
  • Saying goodbye: I left my old job as quietly and as I came. There were a few tears shed, for the most part everyone was happy about me moving on and up.
  • New JOB!!: So I started my new job on Monday and had to fill out all this paperwork, one of these sheets happened to be a confidentiality agreement. So some things that I would like to write about on this blog I won't be able to, or else my ass is going to get fired! So I'll take it day by day. I had a tough first day, it's gonna be demanding and stressful but I'm up for the challenge and bring it on!! This whole week has been about me getting in earlier every day and leaving just a little but later every night. I feel like I haven't seen my Roommate in forever and I need to catch up on my chores. I worked six days this week and we still didn't get everything that we had to do finished. I'm learning about everything at the agency and everyday is an experience. I am in great hands with the gentlemen that I'm working under and I hope to learn what the hell I'm supposed to do there by the end of this coming week.
  • HAVE TO SKINNY!!: This is what one of my co-workers jokingly told me a couple of days ago when I sad that I was off to the gym. I was told that I work in a modeling agency now and need to get fit. Um, okay. As if I didn't have enough body issues to begin with. Cut to me hitting the gym HARD early before work at least four days a week.
  • I GOT MONEY!!: I get paid weekly at my new gig and that has made my life so much easier. I need to learn to budget accordingly!!
  • PARTY WEEKEND: I hung out this weekend, went to a couple of birthday parties and ate to much and drank to much. But I had a great time with my friends and we made it happen.
  • SUMMER IS OVER:Last night I busted out the hoody cuz it was 64 degrees outside and I needed to protect my ass from the chilly air. Today I wore same hoody as I had brunch with #3 and Dad in their neighborhood. It was nice to have a quasi weekend off. I'm sure that I will have one next weekend, hopefully, but one day isn't too bad. The food was great and we ended being Fat Gurls and ordering practically the whole menu and eating every last bit of food on all the plates. We went back and watched Birdcage and The Broken Hearts Club, which with the weather and the gloomy sky I got a little sentimental for all my old PPG's and the times that we had on the west coast. But I got over that real quick. There are new memories to be made here in NYC, and let me tell you this fall and winter are going to be SO good! I can't wait. I'm off to bed, I'm gonna hit the gym early!! love DF

*** Funny quote of the day: Dad is talking to his friend on the phone after we finished watching the Broken Hearts Club, and he was trying to tell his friend what movie he had just finished watching and he looks over at us and asks.
" What was the name of this movie? The club...The Westside Club?" He just told his friend over the phone that he just finished watching a movie about an infamous bath house here in New York. I was sitting on the couch mortified, and #3 was folding laundry, we both almost pissed ourselves laughing so hard!! It was tremendous to just let out a belly laugh with your best friends and just have good time. Thanks guys, that moment totally made up for ditching me on Friday night...df!! heehee

No comments: