Sunday, November 13, 2005

And how are you this evening Mrs. Darcy?

I've had a full weekend! I met up with Tam, #3 and Dad for dinner and drinks on Friday after work. We decided to try out a new place so we went to Tortilla Flats in the West Village. The food was good and the company was great, it's was a little loud and it was full of breeders! We were the only gay people there and it was totally apparent, we were more than happy to pay the bill. After that I rushed home to clean up a little bit before Roommate came home on Saturday.
It was nice to see him again, it was also nice because he is totally relaxed after being in the mother land and going home. I got up and ran to work at my old job where I agreed to work for half a day once a month to keep my discount. I was on fire, being there and knowing that I would get to leave in a few hours made the day pass by so quickly and I spent the entire time with smile on my face. I forgotten how much fun it was to play with all the products that the store carries.
After working I met up with #3 and Dad to go catch a movie with Dad's other friend Pelon, who is a riot and fun to be with. We watched Pride and Prejudice, a movie adapted from Jane Austen's novel of the same name. People let me tell you that this movie requires you to have a box of tissues with you because it is a love story and totally sappy! There were so many little lines that I fell in love with and wish and hope that one day a man will tell me the same things. One of the line was at the end of the film and it was said by Mr.Darcy to Elizabeth whom had just agreed to his proposal, " And how are you this evening Mrs. Darcy?". He said this only after she asked him what he was going to call her when was completely in love and devoted to her, and he said Mrs. Darcy. Pass me those tissues please! #3 and I were a complete mess and walked out with puffy eyes. Afterwards we walked all over creation to have great Chinese food, I was in bed before midnight and was asleep until Roommates befriend stumbled in at 2am drunk of his skinny ass waking me up, he's lucky I don't sleep with a knife under my bed like my Grandma does or he would've been sliced!
Slept in today and ran over to have a good brunch with #3 and Dad, walked around a bit and went and caught another film with Tam. This time it was another book that was adapted to a film, Jarhead. I don't know about Tam, but this film was pretty intense. I honestly went to go see it because my husband Jake Gyllenhaal is in it, not to mention a bunch of other HOT men that walk around naked almost the whole movie. But I also got a some insight on the first war in Iraq, I didn't remember all that they covered because I was a kid when that shit went down. I was in 7th grade and all I can remember is the television coverage. Jake was great in the movie, was nice to see him show some emotion, as well as Jamie Foxx. I don't know what else to write, was home by 7 and just decompressed and watched some television. All in all, it was a chill weekend. Roommate is in Queens and I got the place to myself, can't wait for Grey's Anatomy to come on in a few. Goodnite...df

No comments: