Friday, November 25, 2005

This past week...

DUDE!! I've been either too lazy or tired to write what the hell has been going on in my life. Every time that I get on the computer and begin to blog I suddenly get writers block and can't. So here it is Black Friday and I have the day off so I'm going to do my famous bullet points to catch everyone and myself up.
  • Harry Potter: "Potter Stinks!" I got a chance to watch this movie last Friday with a bunch of my gay friends and I gotta say I was a bit disappointed with the movie. I'm a HUGE Potter fan, thanks to Chris, and I even spent the prior week re-reading all the books so I could have all the Potter trivia in my head. I even went on The Sorting Hat and found out that if I had been gone to Hogwarts I would have been placed in the Griffindor house. So I went knowing that there were going to be changes for the movie, but there were SO many changes that I can't even mention. Visually it was great and the acting has gotten better from the kids, as well some of the boys turning into young men and getting HOT! All I've got say is Harry in the tub!! Boy, you better call me in three years!! So now I can't wait for last novel and the fifth movie.
  • Old Friends: I had an old friend that flew in from Michigan to have Thanksgiving with me, she flew on Wednesday which I had off and I spent the day with her walking around and being a tourist.
  • RENT: The movie, I saw it on Wednesday night with 8 other gay boys who have been waiting for a long time to see this movie. I love this show, I've seen it 23 times! I was in High School when this show opened and my friend Angel and I couldn't get enough of this show, we learned all the words and bought all the magazines that had anything to do with RENT. And when the show opened at the La Jolla Playhouse in '97, Angel and I were there first! We would spend the night outside and buy the $20 tickets for the front benches which is the only way to see the show! He and I saw it 17 times that year, the cast got to know us and so did the house managers. I've also auditioned for the show a few times and received some call backs and all that good stuff so this show is very close to my heart. So I was AGAIN disappointed when the show opened with the songs in the wrong order and then some of the lines that were sung in the show became dialogue. It was filmed in San Francisco and most of the time you could tell that it was, but it was cool to see the neighborhood that I run around in on screen. I'll spare you the full on review and just say that I was happy the movie was finally made, I just wish that it would have stuck closer to the show. I missed some of the songs, but I enjoyed some of the choices that were made.
  • Giving Thanks!: I had Thanksgiving dinner with my friend from out of town and her friend and it was very nice. A gourmet dinner, it cost a pretty penny but someone else picked up the tab so I was more thankful for that! I came home and then rushed over to hang out with Hollywood at her place since Roommate was upstate yet again for another major holiday. At Hollywood's place they had made a traditional dinner and I got here in time for dessert. Hung out and got really drunk and came home and passed out. Last night was so much better than last year when I bought a pie and watched the parade on television by myself, I cried a little. So this year I give thanks to my new and old friendships as well as my new job and feeling groovy.
It's cold right now and I'm just chilling with my Roommate watching videos. I'm meeting up with Nanalene in a few to have a bite and say goodbye since she leaves back to Michigan in the morning. Not much more to write about...DF.

No comments: