Wednesday, March 16, 2005

" You and me must never part......"

This is my best friend Angel. He and I have been through some shit. I love and miss him. I didn't get to see him whilst I was home, so I was a little upset. You see He and I raised each other, we were two little faglings that had found each other in high school. It was hate at first sight, and then we became best friends as one tends to do with the person who most mirrors them. He was there for my first everything; car, boyfriend, broken heart(s) and all the cool things that teen-agers go through into adulthood. Though we may not talk as much as we used too, and believe me we did. He would call me at home and we would chat on the phone for hours, or just watch t.v. with the other one the other line breathing and screaming along with Jerry Springer, or telling the other one to " Turn it to Mtv, Madonna is on!" Good times. Simple times, we chatted tonight and just caught up on all the stupid shit that runs up on you all of sudden when you look in the mirror and you're 27, or in his case 25. My little bro, sis, whatever. He was always the youngest getting in to bars in Tijuana when he was 16 and 19-20 in bars in San Diego with my ID. LOL! He started young, I needed him there. He and I morphed into each other for a few years, and now that we are separated by 3,000 miles and have tears and laughs that we've missed, it only takes a phone call or an email to get us back to being 17-15 respectively for awhile.
He is turning 26 on the 22 of March. When did he turn into a man? Was it the same time that I did? Hmmm. We shall forever be those two chubby boys who ditched school and bought KFC and rented movies like Steel Magnolias, Pretty Woman, and The Color Purple. He taught me to ditch and to lie. We were awesome together, we were like peas and carrots. He taught me to sing, I mean really sing. Shows like Miss Saigon, Le Miz. etc. I need to start a Lencho blog, just to tell you all the Maddness that was LenchoandJose. One word, one name. One person.
" Oh, I wish that it was more like 1983...." John Mayer...83. night Everyone..especially you Lencho, for helping me find my voice, yet again....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Angel! I haven't seen him in years, since he lived in Glendale.