Sunday, May 15, 2005

It's SHOWTIME at the Apollo!!

I was awakened by Friend telling me that I was his back up date for Alvin Ailey 2 tonight. The guy he had asked never RSVP'd and I was fit to fill his shoes. I told him that I would go only if work let me go, and they did. We got to the Apollo early and wouldn't you know it, it's small. On television it seems SO big, but tonight not so much. We had some crazy drink called Zombie and it fucked us up royally. So much so we had two! The performances were cool, except that towards the end I started to doze in and out and I couldn't wait for it to be over. After the show we went to #3's and husbands house, sat a spell and then had a late dinner at some dive cafe on 55th and 7th. The food was crappy and Friend went home, after we had been bitchy to each other cuz we was drunk. The food has made me sick, and on the walk home I could feel that the turkey burger I had was gonna come out of my body tonight, it was just deciding what orifice it was gonna jump outta. I came home and Roommate went to Queens, thank GOD! Not because I didn't want him here, but I had an accident trying to get to the bathroom, and let's just say my brand new Burberry chonies were ruined. I had to go and get the white briefs, had to go and try and be cute. I should've known better, but I wanted to make a statement, now I know how girls feel during that time of the month and are afraid to rock their cute undies. I'm off to bed with an upset stomach, I think that there will be no gym tomorrow. Night...df

No comments: