Thursday, July 07, 2005

Manhattan


So I live in the Lower East Side and my gym is in Midtown, on 54th Street. And I work in SoHo, which as you can see by the map, they are not very close to each other. I mean, I live close to my work, and I used to live close to my gym. I woke up early this morning with the cartoon birds chirping in my ear and so did Roommate. We wanted to go to the gym and so we got up and left the house by 8am, I had to be at work so I thought that I would get a great workout. I didn't get to the gym until 9am!! I was not in a good mood, I was mad that I would have to cut my workout short so as to still get ready for work. So anyhow, the workout went really well and I was all pumped about going to the store. It was totally chill and all my favorite people were working and it made the time pass faster, also I had a lot of catching up to do since I had been away. So after work I walked home and got caught up with some friends on the phone and just enjoyed my time in my neighborhood. Roommate is in Queens and I have the place all to myself, so I'm just catching up on some alone time. I got some upsetting news from my Tia, she told me that her longtime friend is really sick with complications from his addiction to crystal meth. He had open heart surgery and possibly had a small stroke as well as losing all his teeth from the drug decaying them away. I didn't really know him, but I've heard his name for so long that I felt as though he was part of our family. It made think and worry about my own friends who are out there "partying" and can handle it, I wish that could here this story and know that my Aunts' friend is not even 40. Sorry that this last part was such a downer, but I had it on my mind and I had to let it out. I gotta bounce, I'm gonna try and get to the gym in the morning. I also need to look into switching gyms, to maybe Crunch, like I'm not gay enough!! NIGHT...df

No comments: